“Top-notch Instrumental Wizardry”
— John Sinkevics, The Grand Rapids Press
FOR GENERAL INQUIRIES
FOR PACS AND THEATER PERFORMANCES:
Jamie-Sue Seal, Smokin’ Sleddog Records
Office 517.651.5487 Mobile/Text 517.881.8149
The Moxie Strings compose the majority of their pieces and arrange melodies from many traditions, resulting in a genre-blurring blend of ear-catching melodies and foot-stomping, rock-influenced rhythms. Alison performs on a newly-invented, electric cello, and Diana on a contemporary 5-string violin, both through a variety of audio effects pedals. Fritz performs on a mix of world percussionist instruments and drum kit. Their polished, high-energy show and unique sound are redefining strings' role in contemporary music, and have quickly made the band one of the country’s most promising instrumental acts.
L I S T E N
The Moxie Strings are seasoned educators, and have taught enrichment clinics in hundreds of schools throughout the US. They have curriculums designed for musicians of all ages, and also assembly-style performances for non-musicians. A day with students often includes a community concert in the evening, usually featuring students. The Moxie Strings believe strongly in music's ability to access, motivate, empower, and inspire students, and have dedicated their careers to reaching as many young people as possible.
Learn more on the EDUCATION page.
“The future of music could not be in better hands”
— Current Magazine
C L I C K T O L I S T E N
P R O U D L Y S U P P O R T I N G
"Stir-Crazy" (single) 2015
“When it comes to The Moxie Strings, the name says it all”
- Featured Clinicians at Michigan State University's 1st "Alternative Styles Day."
- Featured soloists with the Holland Symphony Orchestra
- Members of the 2012-2018 Michigan Humanities Council Touring Directory
- Finalists in the U.S. Department of State’s American Music Abroad Program.
- Sponsored by national strings provider, Shar Music.
- Nominated for several Detroit Music Awards.
- Broke the attendance record at Frederick Meijer Gardens Tuesday Evening Series
- Endorsed by NS Design.
- Accepted to compete in the 2012 ArtPrize Competition
- Clinicians at the 2012-2014 Michigan Music Conference
- Clinicians at the 2015 Massachusetts Music Educators Conference
- Clinicians at the 2012 Ohio Music Educators Conference
- Clinicians at the 2012 Chicago Midwest Clinic
- Clinicians at the 2013-2014 Texas Music Education Conference
Past Performance Include:
The Milwaukee Irish Festival
Alaska Center for the Arts
As soloists with the Holland Symphony Orchestra
Frederick Meijer Gardens
Electric Forest Festival
Great American Irish Festival
Ann Arbor Summer Festival
Colorado Irish Festival
Florida Gulf State University
Bowling Green University
The Maryland Irish Festival
Traverse City Film Festival
Texas Music Educators Conference
Michigan Irish Music Festival